July 13, 2011

Spinach Alfredo Pasta with Chicken Sausage

Today was one of those days where you just could not find anything to do. Too lazy to shower and go out, and bored of TV and the Internet. So on days like today... I cook. I figured it would be a nice thing for me to do because my dad had night-shift and my mom was going to be home late from work. I looked in the fridge and freezer for a few minutes and it just hit me what I wanted to make! Spinach Alfredo with Garden Rotini Pasta and Chicken Sausage filled with feta cheese and spinach. I figured it would pair nicely.


Spinach Alfredo Pasta with Chicken Sausage
(Feeds 3-4)

Ingredients:
- Chicken Sausage with Feta Cheese and Spinach
- 1 package Frozen Spinach
- About 3/4 of the package of Garden Rotini Pasta


Alfredo Sauce:
- 3 tbsp Margarine
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Cream Cheese 
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Kraft Greek Vinaigrette 


Alfredo Sauce:The first thing I did was start the Alfredo sauce in a pan over med-high heat. I placed the margarine, minced garlic, parsley, salt & pepper in the pan and let the garlic and herbs melt/sauteed for a few minutes. 



I turned down the heat and put in the cream cheese and Kraft Greek Vinaigrette. Mix that around until the cream melts. Start adding the milk and flour slowly, while whisking it in. Don't worry if it's a little thick, the spinach water will thin it out later. Add the Parmesan Cheese and whisk in. 




Start on cooking the spinach, pasta, and sausage. 


Spinach:
Take the package of frozen spinach and heat it up with about a cup and a half of water. After you heat up the spinach, take about a cup of spinach water and whisk it into the Alfredo Sauce. Strain the spinach, then take about a cup and a half of Spinach and whisk it into the Alfredo Sauce. 




Pasta:
Cook pasta as package directs. Strain and place in pasta dish.


Chicken Sausage:
Coat the pan with cooking spray. Preheat your pan to medium high heat.
Cut the sausage into little 1/4" medallions. 




Place in pan until fully cooked. It took about 10 minutes for me because of how small. 


     

Now we combine!
Place pasta into serving dish. Add 1/2 of the Alfredo Sauce. Mix well.


Add Chicken Sausage. Add rest of Alfredo Sauce. Mix well and serve.



Overall, I really like it... but without the Chicken Sausage. Don't get me wrong, it was delicious, but I could just eat the Spinach Alfredo by itself without any meat.... just pasta!


Enjoy! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment