July 12, 2011

Cupcake Eggs

So as I went about my morning, attempting to cook my father and I breakfast, I realized that cooking while trying to take pictures of every step is harder than I thought! Looking back on what I just did, I realized that I made a few mistakes. I forgot to take a picture of the flat bread in the cupcake molds. I, in a pinch for time, used frozen cut up vegetables from another meal this week, so the overall scrambled egg have a dull look, instead of fresh yolk color. I used 3 eggs like I normally do, but only made 2 bread molds, so I had a ton of extra scrambled eggs left. I used the wrong size pan (muffin pan, actually) so my bread molds came out looking like little saucers. Overall, it tastes great... just looks like a mess.


Cupcake Eggs with Onions and Red and Green Peppers


Ingredients:
- Sliced Bread (wheat or white)
- Eggs
- Cooking Spray
- Cupcake mold
- Water
- Salt & Pepper


Optional and subject to change:
- Cheese 
- Vegetables
- Breakfast Meats


Preheat the Oven to 350. Take two pieces of regular White Bread and trim off the crust. Some people put away bread crusts and turn it into bread crumbs for later... I fed the birds out back. Flatted the pieces of bread with a roller, or any other circular object. 



Place the flattened bread into the cupcake molds gently and press down any folds. Place cupcake mold into oven for 10 minutes or until crispy. Cook it long enough so that when you take the bread out of the mold and fill it with eggs, it keeps it shape. 




Next, we can start on the scrambled eggs. Crack the 3 eggs into a mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup of water to make the scrambled eggs fluffy. Add a little salt and pepper to your taste. Use a fork or whisk to beat the eggs completely until it looks frothy and even colored. 




If you are cooking any breakfast meats or vegetables, now would be a good time to start cooking them in your pan. After cooked, you can either keep it in the pan and pour your scrambled egg mixture over it, or sprinkle it on top of the "Egg Cupcake." Really, it's up to you on what you like. I decided on Onions, Red peppers, and Green peppers. I sprayed my pan up with a little cooking spray and placed the vegetables in the pan. I sauteed them for about 4-5 minutes, then poured my scrambled egg mixture into the pan.



After pouring the mixture in, I then worked the eggs to break them up until all the eggs were cooked. Unfortunately, this is when the eggs started to brown a little more than I'd like. I'm certain it's because I didn't use fresh vegetables in a pinch of time. Oh well. Next time! After the eggs were done cooking, I spooned the scrambled eggs and vegetables into the bread molds. 




Note to self: Two bread molds is NOT enough to hold 3 eggs worth of scrambled eggs. I had a good amount left over that I just put on the plate around it.


Enjoy! I know I did and I can't wait to try it again to perfect it!

No comments:

Post a Comment