August 4, 2011

Serafina Outside Dining!

This week I had the pleasure of staying a few days in Philadelphia for two reasons: Spend time with my boyfriend, and interview with PECO! And let me tell you, I was so excited/nervous for that interview. Since I arrived a day before the interview and wanted to clear my head before my "Interview Preparation" (as I say...), Matt and I went out to eat for dinner. We wanted to try this new restaurant that just opened up Serafina! (http://www.serafinarestaurant.com/serafina/)



We arrived there around 6 pm and there was seating available outside so we opted for that. It was a nice day.. not too breezy so hopefully we wouldn't choke on city dust. We had a pretty good view of the city from where we were sitting.

We started out with the Tartare Di Sofia (MENU: "A selection of the best tuna and salmon marinated in a special sauce, the Italian ways") as our appetizer. It was so fresh and tasty. The display was unique, though I didn't understand why they only gave us three pieces of toast. It wasn't symmetrical and that bugged me I guess. Regardless, it was very good.


 Matthew got the Grilled Steak & Fries, of course! His dish came with some grilled zucchini and a basket of french fries. French fries were pretty plain and not that special and his steak was not medium rare, but a little more well done. (I didn't get a picture of his because he "dug in" right away!)

I got the LE CRESPELLE DI SOFI (MENU: "Fresh spinach & ricotta crepes with tomato, Parmigiano & basil sauce"). I must say, I normally don't like to mix tomato sauces with spinach but it was really good. I couldn't stop eating it! I've never had pasta crepes before, but it was really enjoyable. Reminded me of Spinach & Ricotta Raviolis. The sauce was chunky (in a good way) and I could taste the herbs in every bite. I even showed my Italian side and cleaned my plate up with some leftover bread in the bread basket. Matt told me the french word for it during dinner as he made fun of me, but I can't remember it right now. :)





Overall, Serafina was very nice and the service was great. Our dinner (with one beer) was more than $50 dollars, which I think is a little over-priced, but I would return there.

Okay, that's all for me. Keep an eye out for my next blog early next week about my Tye-Dye Cake! The cake is all made, but I'm waiting for Saturday to do the Tye-Dye icing and put it all together! Hopefully it will be a hit at the Luau!

Enjoy! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment